To our concerned patients,
We remain committed to staying up to date of the latest updates regarding the COVID 19 pandemic in accordance with guidance from the CDC, the local health department and Northside hospital. Please read below for changes in both office and hospital procedures.
- We will continue to see obstetrical patients as scheduled
- We will reschedule all routine gynecological visits including annual exams, IUD insertions and any non-urgent gynecological complaints.
- We are available to see urgent gynecological problems
- We will only allow patients in the office. Spouses, family members and children will not be able to attend the office visit.
- We are performing temperature screens at the door.
- Please do not come to the office if you have a fever, a cough, shortness of breath or if you have recently traveled (within 14 days) to China, Iran, Europe, Japan or South Korea. Please also quarantine yourself if you have been in direct contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19.
- We do not have in office testing for Coronavirus. If you are concerned about possible infection, please call us such that we may guide you on appropriate next steps.
- For those of you who are pregnant and nearing your due date, please be aware that Northside has implemented a one support person policy that will remain in effect for the duration of your hospital stay. No family members or children will be allowed to visit during your hospitalization.
- We are actively working on our telemedicine platform and hope to offer virtual visits very soon.
- Please call the office for any routine medication refills.
And please wash your hands often. Avoid touching your face. Maintain social distancing.
You can be afraid and brave at the same time